Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Aggie Village and A Little Motivation Irony

The last few days I have been getting things done, but I feel like it is the bare minimum. I am keeping my house clean and doing things here and there to get ready to move, but not near enough to get my giant list tackled by Thursday.

Yesterday, I spent most of my productive time on the phone and running around town. After a day like that you sit down, kids in bed, and take a long look at your surroundings. You see that everything looks the same as it did earlier. Some toys were picked up before bedtime, but basically it looks the same. Of course I lost time cleaning and preparing yesterday because it was a beautiful day. I love to take our boys out to play. They get to play in the sand and grass that will soon be gone from them. They get to play with the friends that we will soon be missing, and so does Mom! It is great to go outside and look around and see how much we love this place and the time we have had here. On a nice day, I can just look all around me and see the people we have met and loved that we will soon be leaving. Well, as long as it isn't nap time. I can look out my windows and see the abandoned apartments where friends once were. So going outside and playing is healthy for all of us. The boys get to play and smile and I get to appreciate what we have had. Notice how in my appreciation speech I never once mentioned cinder block walls and the lack of counter space.

So today was a great day. It rained, so I have accomplished so much, though it doesn't look like it. I think it is funny that I have been so motivated to get things done that it looks horrible in here. If you walked into my apartment you would first run into the DI boxes. Then you would have to maneuver over all the toys the boys have drug out, which I am now noticing are mostly Magna Doodles. You would look into the kitchen and see a very proud Lucas. He just successfully climbed on a chair. Then to the left of that you would see half of my dishes done and half pushed to the side. In our room you would find a large pile of laundry that if sorted you would find don't have enough in each color to wash, so that will wait till tomorrow. You will also see a few things thrown on the bed awaiting organization. What you would also find is that my dresser drawers all close a little easier and our neatly organized. The boys room you would find toys everywhere, partly because I have been pulling them out and cleaning them and partly because the boys have been pulling out the rest to play with. Also you would see a bunch of pillows in a corner where Caden built a house, destroyed it, and then abandoned it. The bathroom you would walk in and go, "Wow, that is clean." You could even open my drawer under the sink and see it cleaned out and beautifully organized, based on what is going to be stored and what will be coming with us. So there you have it! I feel like Super Mom, but it certainly doesn't look like it.

7 comments:

Jenilyn Anderson said...

I loved this! I usually don't like to read big entries, but I always read yours because they are so entertaining and so well written. I know how you feel about how it never looks like you did anything, but playing with your boys outside is a lot more memorable than washing dishes that never seem to go away!

Adrienne said...

the work never ends does it. i hope everything is coming together for you. we miss aggie village for it's people but i agree getting out of cinder blocks is nice :)

Unknown said...

So after you mentioned it outside,I decided to check your blog. I am really going to miss you and your family! And I agree 100% about Aggie Village. This has been such a unique time and situation in our lives where we are all in the same boat--trying to balance school and a family. Even though we're all anxious to have a real income and a living space bigger than 400 sqft, it's been so great to walk into the backyard and have so many instant friends. When are we ever going to have that again? I love your personality and am so glad I've gotten to know you this past year. I hope we'll be able to keep in touch. My goal is to have my first blog post done by the end of the week so keep checking!

Unknown said...

how amazed are you that i actually made my first post tonight? i just wanted you to send me your email so i could send you an invite. . .

Our ABC Family said...

Hey Courtney! :) Thought I'd say hello and see how the moving and everything is going for you?! :) I finally dove into the blogging world, thanks to Adrienne, and am still trying to figure things out. :) Anyways....hope all is well for you guys.

Tasha Stout said...

I'm going to miss you guys... I know that it's good for you, but it's still sad to see you go. COngrats and keep in touch! Thank goodness for Blogs!!!

Carolyn said...

You are super mom! Good luck with packing and moving. That is never fun.