I am so glad I did this. It put me in a better mood because, lets face it, cleaning the bathroom just did not do it. Although I am now happy I did it because how often can you say, "MMM, my bathroom smells good!" I have been wanting to do this for a while now, but kept thinking I don't have time to register for this thing! So I finally did it and now you have some insight to my listening pleasure. Some of these songs have meaning to me and most are dedicated to my loving husband.
"The Way I am" - Jake and I have been singing this song to each other since the Old Navy commercial came out. Then I heard the full version on the radio and about died laughing about the buying Rogain part! That is for you Jake! And also Jake always has taken me "The Way I Am," which baffles me.
"New Soul" - I just love this song! Thank you Kali for finding it for me!
"Redundant" - Now we are getting to the juicy stuff! I LOVED Green Day when we were in high school and especially this song. So Jake went to California with his family to see his uncle. Not very excitedly. I think he may have even asked to stay home. Anyways, he listened to this song the whole time and moped around waiting for the day he could come home to see me. What a sweetheart.
"Wind of Change" - One of Jake's favorites. We used to fight all of the time about whether this song was performed at the tearing down of the Berlin Wall. Jake won. He was right. I only say these words once in a great while, so remember it! We use to laugh because I can't whistle. Jake can though, although I still don't think it sounds like the tune to "Wind of Change."
"Don't Cry" - My favorite GnR song!
"Breathing" - Love this song. This song makes me feel even more miserable if I feel guilty about something. Jake has never been able to understand this, but I don't just like happy music. I like stuff that makes me feel bad too.
"Wait" - More mushy stuff! Jake used to be at school by himself and he could only come home every other weekend because of work. He used to cry every time he left and almost every time he would play this song off of a CD I gave him (yes, I am responsible for introducing Jake to classic rock which he loves, You are welcome honey!) in the car as he was driving away.
"No One Like You" - This is another song for Jake. I put this on because they didn't have "Loving you Sunday Morning," but I think it has the same effect. Another high school love song for us.
"American Boy" - Nothing mushy about this song. Some of you are probably thinking, "THANK GOODNESS!" This is just my current favorite rap/dance song. I go through these stages once in a while. I used to really like rap, but now only the ones with catchy beats get me. Love this song! If you get a chance, I love the music video too.
Well, that is it. I hope you enjoy my list. If not, at least you learned a little bit about me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Good song choices. I love winds of change. It reminds me of spring break my freshman year of college on the way to see the price is right. I swear we listened to it all the way to California! I love that you have so many songs that remind you of Jake. I don't know that I can think very many which include Taylor because we have complete opposite taste in music. I like that you gave an explanation to each song. It was very interesting to read. I must say I am disappointed not to see "Gold digger" on your playlist!
I agree with Kali about "Gold Digger."
Hey, you got me thinking about songs that remind me of Taylor, so I added a few to my blog "the way you look tonight" that's what we danced to at our wedding. Anywho, I didn't know about any IEEE dinner, so I asked Taylor about it and he said it costs money, so the answer is no we are not going. Are you suprised really? Have fun though!
What a great idea! I have often wondered why certain songs are on my friends blogs and I love how you shared why each song is important to you! What a great idea, I also feel like I got to know even more about you, how cool!! Loved it!
Moana
I saw your comment about you introducing Jake to classic rock. Who was the great person that introduced you this musical genre?
For all to know, Brad, the most wonderful father, introduced me to Classic Rock. But, I did pass my new found love on to Jake.
Post a Comment