
For your reading pleasure, written for the popular demand, the story of our current life. So the last few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotion for us. First Jake chose a job! WOOHOO! Income! Then came the stress. Here comes all of the stressful decisions that you don't think will be stressful when you are in college and daydream that this day will one day come. First we started looking for apartments. We figured, we better find something to live in with a short term lease since it will take us longer than a month to find a house. What a joke! First, it is really fun searching for apartments online. Then you find one that you think, "maybe," and then you find out that the place has bad reviews or that they don't have a playground or anything. Then you decide, "maybe not." So everyday I would be motivated to look, then I would get discouraged, then I would find one that might work, then the apartment would fall through for some reason.
So after much consideration. We decided that we should at least talk to a mortgage broker and see what we might qualify for. I kept saying, there is no way we can find a house in 30 days. Then I realized, well, some of our friends found a house in a week (you know who you are). So we got in contact with one of my favorite family friends, our mortgage broker. We got pre-approved and now my next task is to find a Realtor. This experience is never ending!
On top of all of that we have been trying to arrange our week after graduation. The movers took a long time to nail down a date which meant that we had to put every other decision off. We had to figure out when to send the boys to Jake's mom's house (THANK YOU MOM!), we had to figure out our check out date of our apartment, and the check in date of our new apartment that Jake's new job is putting us up in for a month. What a mess! So now that that is finally done, we have now run into a new problem. The apartment we chose is not available. So we need to now decide which of our remaining options is doable.
So now our week from May 2nd-May 8th is completely planned. We have a very busy week and have to get certain things done each day. I am predicting a very grouchy Courtney. High stress situations do not bring out the best in my personality, so please bear with me sweetheart.
So now that I have mentioned all of the bad things that are involved in this time in our lives, let me bring the roller coaster down the hill into the happy/stress free zone. We are so lucky to have gotten a job so fast and it is a GREAT job. I think Jake will be incredibly happy there. We are so lucky that we can actually afford a house. We are so grateful for all of our friends and family who have supported us along the way. We are so grateful for our beautiful boys and for each other. I could not have gotten through the last years without a companion like Jake. He is a great father, husband, and supporter. He has always taken care of us.
If anyone has any advice for the next stressful weeks of our lives, please feel free to post a comment. Examples would be, how/what to pack for when most of your stuff is going to be in storage, pointers for buying a house, pointers for entertaining family after graduation, pointers for entertaining two children during a two hour graduation ceremony (I am more concerned about the 17 month old), etc.



7 comments:
Stress! I hated that time when we were having a baby, looking for a house, getting a job, etc. What part of SL are you moving to? When are you moving? The only advice I have for you is to move into the townhome next to ours so then we could be neighbors! Ha ha, that would be a terrible commute for Jake, but it would be fun to have you as a neighbor! Good luck in finding something and call us so we can get together! Or you are just going to have to come visit us when we have the baby!
Courtney-It can be done! And ours was in a different state. My advice on graduation: Skip the entire USU commencement on Sat and just hit up the graduate ceremony on Friday. I don't thing that was very long. The College of Engineering ceremony was only like 45 min if you want really short. Good Luck!!
Unfortunatly, I have no pointers for you, just sympathy. Since you are going through the whole moving thing before us, maybe you could give me a few pointers when all is said and done! Sounds like you are handling things pretty well. What a stressful situation! You are right though, the end is near!
Courtney
I can watch your kids anytime. Especially during graduation. Just let me know when.
Oh, that is a hard time! Just keep thinking that the time will fly and this too shall pass. The biggest tip I have is to pack the boys' room last. Good luck!!
WOW!! Congrats on the stress in your life cause girly girl you are moving on up in this world! I think the more stress you have the more rungs you climb on the success ladder or something!! It feels like your going to burst into a millions pieces but I know that you wont though it feels like it! I am so excited for you to be flying free from the Aggie Village nest, yippee!!! But personally I will miss you so much! My advise is for entertaining after graduation. I sent out invites and asked all family and friends to bring either a desert or salad. Bill and I purchased a decorated sheet cake (something like 15-18 dollars), hard rolls ($1-$2 a dozen), and fried chicken(about $25-35 for 50 pieces) all from wal-mart which I preorderd and then arranged someone to pick up before our party. (Good tip call them a million times to make sure they are on time they were about 1 1/2 hours late with Liams baby blessing food!!! They didnt charge us so I guess it was ok! All our family members forgave us for that one atleast.) I got a church and we had the party in the multipurpose room. The kids played in the nursery and watched a video as well and the adults had fun visiting. People were more then happy to bring something like a salad, drinks, desert whatever. Funny thing was so many people were touched by the food that they gave us money and we didn't even have to really pay for it all ourselves. I had decorated the tables really simply with colored table clothes, napkins, and helium ballons. I chose to use his college colors with the USU colors. It looked awesome and the cake was decorated with navy blue and white and graduation stuff. It looked really awesome and we had a great turn out, we fed about 60 people!! It was awesome! We served buffet style and had a blast, family members told me later that it was the best graduation party they had been to. I also had a small sign in table with some pictures of Bill that I had taken way in advance on Old Main Hill in his cap and gown I blew them up and took them in b/w and framed it. The pic was also sent out with the invites so that everyone could see him in his cap and gown because many came to the dinner instead of coming to the ceremony. We also had a simple sign in sheet and some pictures and momentos for them to look at. I also had a small gift area since people brought small gifts and some loved ones sent cards that couldnt come and so we displayed those on the gift table. It was really simple and elegant and very affordable. Hope it helps, much love your friend,
Moana
Post a Comment