Wednesday, May 14, 2008

So Proud


So, I am a little behind in blogging with all of the chaos that has been happening. This is Jake after being hooded and getting his degree cover. The cover wasn't as cheap as I thought it would be. I guess the tons of money we spent at the University paid off! ;)

So this picture has a good story, well at least I think so. The school blocks off an area for picture taking. They announce that people should come in and take their photos and then move out and let others in. So, the row in front of Jake stands up to be hooded. So I take Caden and we go to get a photo. We were seated on the other side of the Spectrum so we had quite a journey to get to the picture taking area. We hurry up the steps and are making our way to the other side when Caden says, "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom." Aw crap! So we back track to the bathroom and we hurry. We then sprint as fast as a four year old can to the section where the picture taking takes place. I get to the stairs and see that Jake's row is currently being hooded! I got my camera out and picked up Caden and sprinted down the stairs! I can't believe we didn't fall and roll down them. That would have stopped the ceremony so I could get my picture......maybe. So we get to the picture taking rows and see that no one is moving into the rows! They are just standing in the stairs and in the first two seats blocking the way for anyone else. How fun. So I make my way in just in time for Jake to shake some guy's hand and receive his cover. Isn't it sad that I don't know who it was, it was just some guy? Oh well, it was a stressful time. So Jake then preceeds to walk right by me until I yell, "JAKE!" and force him to stop and smile. So I got my picture. It isn't a great picture, but I feel it symbolizes our college life: fast, stressful, important, and memorable.

So then Caden and I trudged up the stairs. This time we weren't going so fast so the people sitting in the rows as we walked up got to stare at me crying all the way up. It felt so great to see all that my husband has accomplished in that one day. It felt so overwhelming to know it was over and that we made it.

As for the rest of the ceremony, the boys did so good. There was so much family that the kids were content to go from person to person. Plus the ceremony was shorter than I anticipated, only an hour and a half. I am so proud of my husband and my kids. We made it guys!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Courtney I'm so glad you posted this. I am amazed at how fast you guys were able to finish--I know you and Jake both had to sacrifice alot! You definitely deserve to be proud. About "The Host," it's the newest book by the author of the Twilight series, so all of us obsessive Twilight fans are excited about. Ty pre-ordered me a copy and I got it last weekend. I'd love to lend it to you if you're interested. And thanks so much for your comment on my blog. It almost made me cry! You're such a sweetheart. You have become one of my favorite people-- you are so much fun to be around and easy to talk to. Keep me posted on you guys. . .

Carolyn said...

Congrats!! That is great. I took my kids to my sister's BYU graduation and we spent the entire time in the Mother's Lounge.

Syme Family said...

Courtney I am so excited for you guys to be done with school and moving on in life. I bet that is such a great feeling. I'm glad I saw you for a bit before you left.
That's a great story. I'm impressed you got there in time to get his picture.
Me and Paula are going to hang out this weekend and watch chick flicks while the guys go on an over night fishing trip. I'm excited it should be fun.

Syme Family said...

Courtney,
I think that is a great story and picture. Good luck with everything.

Hoenes Family said...

I am glad that you and Caden made it in time for a picture! I am also glad to hear that I am not the only one that cried! Ha! And you made fun of me! It was good to talk to you today. You made me feel so much better about the whole moving thing. I was seriously having some major anxiety before I talked to you about the movers! Good luck in your house hunting!

MOANA said...

Hey,
I loved reading this post, I was totally nervous reading it thinking but did she make it back in time?? I totally cried at my husbands graduation, its such an amazing accomplishment and I am so proud of you both! We miss you lots and I am sad I didnt get a chance to say good-bye. I am so glad you are blogging however so that we can stay in contact with each other. How is the house hunt coming along? How was the move? Hope all is well,
Moana

Aloha_Misty said...

Congrats! You guys are amazing!!!! We still miss you.

Tasha Stout said...

Hey Courtney!
I'm so happy for you guys! That's so awesome that you are done with school! I have a question.. how did you get the playlist.com music to play when you open your blog? I'm trying to do that with mine, but I can't figure it out! Any help would be great! Thanks!