I have had a hard day, weekend, last week, month. Apparently I am grouchy. My mom told me this after talking to me for about 5 minutes last night. After I stopped feeling angry and defensive this morning, I decided she was right. How do I get out of my slump? I don't know. It seems to go from bad to worse. I have been stressed out over everything. Then over the weekend, I didn't get the cleaning done that I wanted to and I managed to offend someone in our family that we love and appreciate. What a mess! Now today, I don't know if it is me or them, but my boys have been screaming and crying a lot! I am sure they are tired from the weekend. They always get tired when they get to spend time with their Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt and Uncles. Also, Sundays are exhausting. I am sure my stress level is getting to them too. Sometimes I just want to sit down with a book, but feel that is time wasted. There is always so much to do. I am sure if it has taken me the last week to realize I am grouchy then I am sure I have rubbed off on them and don't even realize it. When I try to take time for myself, I do nothing, because I feel guilty. Then all I do is stress out about what I could have gotten done.
So now all I can think is, "I want a Pepsi, preferably with cherry in it. Or maybe one with lime? I haven't had one of those in a long time!" Have I mentioned I have been trying to stop drinking caffeine? I have fallen off the wagon twice, scratch that, three times within the last week. I want to eat a tub of frosting. I want a big ice cream cone. Like any of this will help! But maybe it will.......I would say that this could possibly be the definition of emotional eating.
So to everyone out there, if you take the time to read this, I am sorry if I have offended you or will offend you. I am not in my right state of mind. Also, I love my boys and love spending time with them. I like having them around all day with me because they force me to spend time with them and get away from the madness for a few minutes. And if you read this Jake, I would not be hurt if you showed up at home with a Pepsi. :) Now I am off to put on my Ipod and clean! WOOHOO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I wish I was there to help you right now. The help you gave us was priceless...If you would like to sent Caden and Lucas to us for the week I would love to have them! More seriously I wish you the best over the next few weeks. Moving can be so stressful! We all miss you!
I have done just that. I end up doing nothing because I need time for myself, but I have too many things to do. Each time this seems to be happening, I remember I end up doing nothing. So instead I do for myself, because that’s better than do nothing, to me.
Hugs!! I feel your pain!! Hopefully all things will be resolve and life will calm down! Moving is stressful in addition to all the life transitions you are going through! your my hero!
Post a Comment