Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lucas



Last night while vacuuming I decided I needed to share these pictures. Every time I get out the vacuum Luke is right there waiting to vacuum with me. He is so funny. The whole time I vacuum he is too and if I get out some attachments he starts trying to take things off his vacuum that are clearly stuck. So last night I shared some of my attachments with him and he gave them back as soon as I had put up the vacuum and was clearly done. I thought I might share a few more things about Lucas.

He is obsessed with birdies (pronounced dir-dies). And loves when you tell him they say "Tweet, tweet." He thinks it is hilarious.

He says, "beep, beep" whenever we pull out his high chair.

He has a funny face. He constantly does it during dinner time because he knows Mom will drop everything and laugh. Recently he has been seen doing it in church during hymns.

He loves his "doggy." Just last night he started crying a half hour after he went to bed. I went in to see what was the matter and he was deliriously scooting on his belly around the crib looking for doggy.

He inherited the Talbot teasing gene. He learned to tease at a very young age and usually his prime target is Mom.

He is a clean freak. He loves to pick up garbage and throw it away, close the fridge, and make me close cupboards.

He is obsessed with the water that comes out of the bath. He cries and whines when it is off and points to it, begging us to turn it on. Consequently, his bath water is always up to his armpits.

He loves to share, ON HIS TERMS. If it is not on his terms he will say "Mine!" and take it.

Every morning he climbs in bed with me and gives me kisses.

He cannot give a kiss without making the "Muah" sound.

He loves to dance and does it so funny. He goes all out, shaking his hips from side to side very dramatically.

From day 1 Luke has always had a very dramatic cry. Fellow mothers would always say, "I love his cry, he sounds so sad." Now he has moved on up and throws himself on the floor or arches his back like the world is coming to an end. It is very hard not to laugh.

He still says "No" to everything. Sometimes we can get him to nod yes instead of say no. Most times, if he is dramatic or loud it really means no, but if he says it softly it means yes. We are currently working on this problem.

I am sure I could come up with more, but I figure this post is getting pretty long and how much longer do you want to read about one of my pride and joys?

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

very cute.. sad I haven't seen him since he was tiny

Aloha_Misty said...

I could read about your "pride and joys" all day. I can just picture Lucas in my mind vacuuming the floor with you!

Hoenes Family said...

What a cutie! The park is kind of tricky to find. Give me a call and I will explain it to you over the phone. It will take me too long to write.

Jenilyn Anderson said...

What a cutie! He has got personality! It is weird that I have never met him, but I am way excited to. Have you guys moved yet?

MOANA said...

What a touching post, its so nice to read about the nice and sweet things you love about your son. I think I need to work on focusing on the positives more often,thanks for the great reminder!

MOANA said...

Cilantro huh! I absolutely LOVE cilantro and must add it to like every thing I eat!! I really dont think that was very nice to say people probably can't stand you, but you know what I think that it is true for all of us. I know that I have had people tell me, "I didnt like you so much when I first met you but now that I know you, I like you." Maybe you could look at it like that??? Did that help at all or did I make it worse?? Well I think your super wonderful!!
Moana

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hug that kid more. Those pictures remind me of some I have of our boys vacumming when they were little! How time flys! MomT