Yes, the title is true. Jake defended his thesis today. I thought he had a good turn out. After, we even saw people in the EL that walked by and said "Sorry I couldn't make it Jake." Now to the important stuff. Jake wanted me there and I won't lie, I wanted to be there for him, so I got a friend to babysit the kids. Jake gave his 30 minute presentation. He was a little nervous at first, but he calmed down and I thought he did AMAZING. Guys, my husband is smart! So he gives his presentation and a few questions are asked. Then the three professors on his committee kick us out and question Jake alone for like 20 minutes. I think they gave him a pounding (you rock Jake! Stay strong!) They then kick Jake out and deliberate. Not even five minutes later they come out and call Jake back in. He successfully defended and he is going to receive his Masters. This is good because we have already invested a lot in graduation (diploma frames, invitations/announcements, cap/gown/hood/tassel).
So I just wanted to say, GOOD JOB JAKE! You deserve it. You have worked incredibly hard for the last 5 years and have always taken care of your family. You have worked part time and gone to school full time the whole way through and still found time to support your wife going to school. I love you and appreciate you. I am so happy. Thank you for including me so much in this journey in life. You did great today.

A big chunk of weight has been removed from your shoulders, so enjoy life a little. Soon you will be able to watch the playoffs every night. You won't even have to have the laptop on your lap! Enjoy yelling at the TV because I know you like it! Love ya!

9 comments:
You did it! Congratulations you are finally finished and can enjoy living life without homework!
Tell Jake we are proud of him. We know how hard he has worked. That's a great accomplishment. By the way we loved the cheese cake. THANKS!
Yay! Congratulations! Now a huge weight is lifted off YOUR shoulder. It's hard work being the wife.
HOORAY!!!! That is such a good feeling.
Great Job Jake, and Courtney. Can't wait for it to happen to us. Love your blog.
Yea!!! How did the little smokies and cheese curds go over? LOL! Love ya! Mom
Hip hip hooray!!! Congrats to you Jake for this huge accomplishment, so very happy for you! But a big round of applause is also due to you Courtney for being the unsung hero in all of this. Because of you and the support you gave to your husband, he has been able to accomplish his goals. Your a team and so you also gets some of the credit. I am so proud and happy for you BOTH!! Best of luck! Don't forget us poor smucks (I am only refering to myself, so please no one get offended!) that are still here in Aggie Village way past our best by dates!! Cheers!
Congratulations to both of you! That was the scariest thing watching Derek defend his thesis, I was almost in tears! I bet Jake did awesome!
You are both awesome, I know the thesis thing was Jakes but he could have never done it without you Court! Love You MomT
Post a Comment