Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two and a Half Men

So it has been two weeks since my last post. I know some of you missed me........right? :) We have been really busy the past two weeks. A long time ago, like Aug. 20th, we went to Lagoon for my brother's birthday. We had a blast. We also solved Luke's daredevil problem with rides. Things were going smooth until we put him on Puff. Wow, after that the only one that didn't seem to give him stress were these little boats.


Although, I think it may have been a show. When he didn't see us on all the other kiddie rides he looked like he was enjoying himself. However, when he rounded towards us he would see us and make a crying face. Then it would conveniently disappear as he turned away from us again.

We also witnessed something terrifying. We put our kids on one of the rides by Puff. It was one with bugs and dragons for cars and they go up and down. The kids can control the up and down just like the helicopters. Anyways, the operators go by and make sure all the kids are strapped in. This takes some time. By the time the operator was done and started the ride, all of a sudden another mother says, "Oh my gosh! There is a kid out there!" I look over and sure enough someone's child, probably Luke's age, is standing near the moving ride. He climbed out of the strap while the operator was checking the other kids and then was stuck in the gates, standing obliviously near the ride while it was going. We panic and tell the operator who stops the ride and immediately runs out there to get the child. He made one mistake though and tried to take the boy's hand instead of picking him up. As he was a stranger the kid turned to run and walked straight into the still moving, but slowing ride. He got hit by Caden's bug! It was horrible. I was traumatized. The parents, however, who were sitting on a bench about 30 feet away and didn't even see what was going on, seemed to feel like it was no big deal. I guess I was panicking enough for them.

So other than that experience, we had a good time. The park wasn't very busy, so it was a nice time to go.

On top of that Caden started soccer a week ago. We had to get him some new shin guards and a ball to practice with. At this age they don't practice, so Jake started playing with him and teaching him a few things. Warning: I am not a good soccer picture person. I just get the back of Caden.


Caden and Dad playing with their makeshift goal built with two sand buckets. I love the boys in their soccer socks!


This is Caden's first game. He had a hard time. If you will notice, there is a playground in the background. Not good for four year old soccer players.


This is Caden's first game too. Today he had his second and did much better! We had a talk last week and today before the game and discussed how we were there to play soccer and that we could play on the playground another time. Towards the end he started to lose focus. But they play four 8-minute quarters and he didn't lose focus till the last quarter. A huge improvement in my opinion. They also play three on three which makes it less of a mass battle for the ball.

Caden also started preschool last week. He loved it! Mom cried all the way home after dropping him off. Of course. Anyone who knows me knows I am an emotional wreck, pregnant or not. He said that they talked about the rules, played outside ("They have a real teeter totter Mom!"), read, "Mommy in my Pocket," and he made lots of friends. He did great and he loved it. I got to spend some time with Lucas. It was quiet in the house, but it was still nice to be able to have some one on one time with Luke. And as long as Caden loves it, then it is good right? I am really glad that he has transitioned so easily. He is ready for school and I am happy that it isn't a battle.

We have also been to two of Adam's (my brother-in-law) high school football games. He is a sophomore this year and this is his first year playing football. He has been starting varsity playing kicker. He gets to play defense occasionally. Adam has been playing amazingly. Last game he kicked in a 39 yard field goal. And he had two tackles, each on kick offs. He plays a lot more positions on the sophomore team, but we only get to the varsity ones. The sophomore games are at 3:30 and no where near where we live. We have had a blast going to these. We feel like we have missed out on a lot of this stuff being college students and living in Logan. But now that we are in SLC, we are taking advantage and going to the games. We love it. It is so exciting to watch.

We also went fishing last weekend. We went to Silver Lake because it is a planter pond. We were hoping to get my brothers (who have only been fishing three times) and maybe Caden a fish. Unfortunately Caden was predictable. One cast and he is done. "Let's go exploring!" he says. We also didn't get my brothers any, but Jake caught some. He caught some big enough to keep, so my brothers got to take the fish home and eat them. They have been dying to do this since we first took them fishing and we just now have achieved it. We also saw a huge funeral procession. That was awkward. We come out all stinky from fishing for hours and there are all these people dressed up and mourning. Oh BTW, where are the pictures you ask? Oh, I left the camera in the trunk of the car. Bummer.

So we have been busy. Oh and I am sure some of you have been waiting for this. About two weeks ago I had my ultrasound. We have a healthy baby. That is good. I always get paranoid about the ultrasound because I know they are not just looking for size and genitals. They are making sure there are no obvious problems with the baby. But to the point you have all been waiting for. We currently have two and a half men. What? You say? What I mean is we are having another boy! We are so excited! I was starting to want a girl there for a minute, but I have always loved boys. Though, I got thinking about it a little too much before the ultrasound, so it looks like, as long as I don't go crazy with three, we will be having a fourth someday. We do want one girl. So CONGRATULATIONS to us, the Talbots! We are excited to welcome boy #3 into our home!

Sorry this was such a book of a post.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on boy #3 Courtney! I started using Google Reader this past week and I love it--have you tried it yet? Whenever I sign into my gmail it shows me if anyone has a new post, so I was excited to see that you are finally cluing us in! Also, I feel incredibly guilty for forgetting to let you know sooner, but we are having a triad potluck on Thursday at 6:30. I know that's probably crap timing for you guys so I wasn't expecting you to be able to come, but if you can by some miracle, we would love to see you! Also if you do decide to come no one expects you to carry food on your lap all the way from Salt Lake so don't worry about bringing anything. Cute soccer pictures of Caden and I seriously couldn't believe the story about the little boy at Lagoon whose parents didn't seem too concerned. Some people take easy-going to a level I will never understand, which I'm sure you know in light of my "losing Talton" story. I also forgot to make a comment about my memory of you when you left yours of me on my blog (did that sentence make sense?) I just remember the first time I ever talked to you after we got back from summer storage last year, and you are so incredibly easy and fun to talk to! After that I would always look forward to seeing you out in the back, and we still miss you! Sorry this comment is so long!!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

WOW! You guys sure know how to fill your time. Reading this made me dizzy.
That is so awesome about the little boy in your belly. You are going to be awesome with three. Really it is not so scary the third time!

We miss you guys SOOOOO much! Derek has been sulky all week that all of his friends are gone, and that makes me sad.

Syme Family said...

Man you have been busy. I'm so glad Caden loves his preschool you'll have to tell me what he does so I can make mine better.
That is so fun that he is starting Soccer. I can't wait tell my kids can play. It's funny how kids are so easily distracted.
Matt's teaching is going good. He yelled at a kid pretty good the other day. It shut the whole class up. It has been a lot of work. He is so busy getting ready for five classes every day.
The 25th and 26th of Aug. Matt had to go to Logan for an Internship training so we stayed with Zac and Paula. It was so fun Paula and I have both been so lonely since we moved. It was so fun to talk to each other again. There new apartment is so cute. I'm so excited for her.

Adrienne said...

congrats! boys are great even though they can be a handful. I'm still scared of having a girl

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray for you! Three boys! You will be even more of a super mom! That is so fun that Caden started preschool and soccer. How scary about the Lagoon thing. I would have been freaking out too.

Poly said...

Courtney
We finally got internet! I have been waiting impatiently for you to post this news. I had a dream that you told me you were going to have a girl. But I think another boy sounds great. I love boys. Congrats!

Paula

Tasha Stout said...

Congrats on baby boy #3! That's so exciting! It seems like you guys are so busy with preschool, soccer, and having a 3rd little baby! Good luck!

Aloha_Misty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jed and Kera said...

Oh goodness!!! What a great post! I am so excited for you guys!! You know you and Jake make pretty boys.....so why mess with perfection!!!

Aloha_Misty said...

Okay. I deleted my comment because I still think I am a ditz for writing the wrong boys name! So I will say I can totally picture Lucas giving you the sad face every time he came around the corner! your kids just make me smile.