So I went to my doctor's appointment today. It started out at every woman's favorite spot. The scale. Now, I feel like I have just blown up in the last month. Most of you don't see me on a daily or even monthly basis, but that is how I have felt. So I take my shoes off (of course, because you don't want that adding to your weight) and step on the scale. All of the sudden it jumps to numbers I didn't think I would be seeing yet, but was prepared to eventually. Then it stops and I stared down at it wide eyed. And the nurse goes, "and you gained a little weight this month, but thats okay!" I started to do the math. A little weight? Nine pounds in four weeks is a little weight!? Wow! So within about two minutes time I went through everything I am eating that I probably don't have to eat. I thought of how often I eat and how I always have to eat right before bed. And then I quickly decided that food makes me happy when my hips hurt and my back hurts and I can't sleep.........so I am not giving that up! Sorry!
So maybe I will regret it when I am huge. And maybe after two more months of gaining 9+ pounds I will change my evil ways. But right now, I am loving life. This is the only time in my life where I let Jake tell me, it is okay that you want to drive to Centerville and get soft serve ice cream. It is the only time it is okay for me to eat five meals a day. It is the only time it is okay for me to buy things at the store I normally wouldn't.
So then all this and all the induction and due date talk with the doctor got me thinking on the way home. I am really lucky. I have never had any problems with my pregnancies. I have never had any problems with labor. I have a delivery history that most women envy. Two pushes later, ope there's your new baby! So I have decided I am grateful for my luck, my blessings, whatever you want to decide it is. It sure did take my mind off the extra nine pounds in one month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Well, live it up!!! You look so good for having two kids and being prego. Enjoy life and Ice Cream!!
I am sure you feel big, but you are still tiny in my eyes, no matter how much weight you gain, you will always be that tiny cute basketball pregnant person that I envy. 9 lbs. I say good for you!
I wouldn't worry about a thing. You're pregnant. I gained more with Abree and then lost it all. It'll come off after the baby. No worries!!!
I hope when I have my next kid I'll gain more weight and it'll pop right out believe me you are blessed.
I always went overboard when pregnant. From what I remember you looked great and tiny with Lucas so I really can't imagine you being big.
Courtney,
I am right there with you. Every day I say I am going to eat really good. But I don't and I have been gaining to much. Yesterday we found out we are having a boy too.
Hey don’t worry about the weight I gained 55 pounds with Makayla, and I don’t look bed. I still have some working out to do, but I look fine, and I feel like I look good. So be happy, and eat what makes you happy
I'm sure I've had 9 pound months in my pregnancies. I say eat it up! How far along are you?
Post a Comment