Monday, September 29, 2008

The Zoo

So I am a little late on my blogging, but we went to the zoo a couple weekends ago and invited Jake's family to come with us. We had a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed it more than I expected. We watched the Elephant show and the bird show.


Waiting patiently for the bird show to begin.


This is during the show. Lucas absolutely loved it! The birds were flying inches from our heads and Lucas is our animal lover.


After the show you could donate money. The bird would take it from your hand and place it in the box for you.

So these are my favorite pictures of the whole day. You wonder why I never get good pictures of my kids and why I have so little? These pictures will explain it.


I decided I would get at least one picture with the kids or a kid and an animal. I decided to go with the white alligator. This is Caden absolutely refusing to be in the picture.


This is Luke looking at the white alligator. So cute! This is of course before I asked him to pose for my picture.


And here is the wonderful after shot of all my hard work in trying to get a good picture! Poor Jake! I finally just said, "Jake, just smile! I am taking it anyway!" So from now on, nobody expect good posing pictures from me. Unless........



I found the secret! Your child has to ask for the picture! So just expect a good pose every 8 months or so! Caden was so funny. I was sitting on a bench watching the boys play and Caden says, "Mom! Come take a picture of me!" This one wasn't even good enough for him. I showed it to him and he said, "Make it closer mom." But I figured I have posted a lot of pictures today.

All and all, it was a great day! We had a lot of fun with the boys and the rest of the family. We wonder though, would the kids have enjoyed the zoo so much if Grandma and Grandpa wouldn't have come? After the zoo, we had everyone over to our house for dinner. It turned out really well I thought! With lots of help from Mom and Dad, one day I won't be so nervous about hosting a big dinner. They make it look so easy!

Oh! I forgot to mention! We saw some friends from good ole' Aggie Village at the zoo. It was so good to see Dustin and the Wiberg kids at the zoo! I was bummed that I didn't get to see Carolyn!

5 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

We loved the Zoo. However, would the kids have liked it better if we were not there at all. YES, trying to keep them from crawling in with the animals was super fun!

Looks like you are keeping busy!

Adrienne said...

i never noticed how much lucas looks like caden before. good to see new pics

Carolyn said...

I was so sad when Dustin said he saw you! Do you have a new baby? is that what your little counter thingy meant? Or are you having one this week? Please explain!

Aloha_Misty said...

I love the look of your blog. Usually I just read blogs on my google reader so I haven't noticed it until now. It looks cool! The zoo looked like great fun! I wish you could have run into me there :) Maybe in four more years.

Syme Family said...

That looks like so much fun. Robyn would love the zoo. Instead we go on walks and she the farm animals in peoples pastures.