Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School days...........

So, I have tried and tried to not feel this, but it seems inevitable. Every where I look there are people going to school. There are people starting on this new amazing journey in life. And I am not one of them. My brother-in-law just went to school at USU and he is loving it. I am so jealous!

I have read your many blogs about school starting. I have a hard time not being melancholy that it is over for us. It was such a big part of our lives. I am constantly reminding myself of all the great things that we have and all the time we have together. If we were in school, I would be putting the kids to bed every night by myself and then binge eating junk from all the stress of the day. We wouldn't have a house. Jake wouldn't be able to go to all of Caden's soccer games. Jake wouldn't be doing the dishes every night, I would be. Hmmmm.....that right there is enough to make me grateful for not being in school.

The funny thing is, I don't think I am missing the lifestyle of Jake being gone all the time. I miss the atmosphere, the campus, the student wards, and mostly Logan. What I miss the most though is actually going to school myself. My last semester I was feeling a little burnt out. Now, I am yearning for that school work. It is so silly. I really want to go back to school though. I know that one day I will be able to do it again and now is not the time. I just hope that when the time comes that I can go back again, I will have the courage to do it.

So to all of you in your tiny apartments and your frustrating, tight budgeted lives, just enjoy it. One day you might miss it. I didn't think I would miss it so fast, but I do. I am jealous of you.

7 comments:

Syme Family said...

Courtney you are so cute. To me it still feels like Matt is in school. It still feels like he has home work every night. He is so busy getting lesson plans ready for the next day, making test and then correcting all of them. But it has been fun to go to all the Baseball and Volleyball games to support his students.
I think that someday you will go back to school. I think that is a great goal to have.

Aloha_Misty said...

Oh Courtney! I miss the good old days at aggie village. It isn't quite as much fun without the group of friends in your backyard. That I will forever miss! It seems so hard to imagine wishing we were back in school when all I want is to be done with school!!! I am trying so hard to just be happy with where I am at in life and it is getting easier every day! I am sure that you will have the courage to go back to school when the time is right. I have always thought that you were amazing to finish school with little ones. You worked so hard that last year of getting your degree! You have a lot to be proud of!

Adrienne said...

I too hope I can do it, have the courage to go back. I miss Aggie Village and the atmosphere. Oh well we all have to grow up and move on eventually.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Well, to be honest, I want to reach through the screen and strangle you!!!!!!!! Ha, Ha.
I want so bad for this to not be a part of our lives any longer. However, I know that we will miss it and always remember it as an awesome part of our lives.

I just need room....I am not looking forward to the LONG winter with my boys jumping off the walls. Here we come Fun Park and McDonalds!!

P.S. You need to have something to keep you busy! Maybe, PTA? (Ha, ha)

Tasha Stout said...

We miss you too Courtney! I wish you guys were here too, but I am also jealous of where you are at in your lives. Oh, to have Justin done with his Masters' program! That would be awesome! I love you guys and miss you!

JNHWJBlack said...

Are you crazy! You should love having Jake home and having a house. However, since we are still stuck in Aggie Vlg. It's hard to understand. But, I can see how you could miss school and the social atmosphere here. I want to go back and get my master's degree some day too.
congrats on another boy!

Hoenes Family said...

You will finish school, once you have your mind made up, you make things happen. That is a great quality to have. I wish I could say I missed my student ward! As for getting the internet so fast, all I have to say is don't you know my husband? Ha