Monday, January 18, 2010

Davon's Birthday and Grandpa Steve's

My baby is getting so big! He turned one year old on January 12th. We had soup and bread bowls with my side of the family. We also had cake in the shape of the number one. I stole this idea from my friend Courtney M. Unfortunately I had to make mine twice though. :( I broke the first one. You live and learn right?


Notice Caden in the above pic. BUSTED!


Davon devoured his cake. We did not have any ice cream on his birthday. Jake's family wasn't able to make it out. So we waited one more day for ice cream.

Also, we don't have a dog. That is my mom's dog. We had the celebration at her house because her other dog, Max, had to have surgery that day and was recovering.


On January 13th we celebrated Grandpa Steve's birthday and Davon's again. Grandpa is known for not wanting ANY gifts, so we got him a balloon and a special birthday hat and glasses. I am hoping this will become a birthday tradition. Hopefully we get to hand down the hat and glasses each birthday. That means that Jake's older brother Tyler is next. Yes I said OLDER. That means that he is probably not turning 22 like he has claimed the last few years. And if that isn't exciting, Grandma's birthday is after that! Look for some great pictures in the next couple weeks! :)


Davon's first bite of ice cream. He loved it! Caden and Luke were both uninterested in ice cream. Too cold I guess? He is probably thinking, "FINALLY!" This kid eats more than my other two did combined. He wants EVERYTHING......RIGHT NOW. Fittingly, I found him a cute shirt for his birthday with a little green monster on it with it's mouth open wide and it says FEED ME! He also got an amazing rag quilt blanket from Grandma Jill. I really should take a picture and post it. It is amazing. I hope I can learn to sew as great as she can and all of the rest of her family.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

that year went by so fast

Mendenhall Family said...

Now Courtney, is he old enough to eat ice cream??? Just checking, ha ha.

Kimberly said...

Now Courtney, are you sure he is old enough to eat ice cream? Ha Ha

JNHWJBlack said...

I can't believe he is a year old and I haven't even met him yet! What a cutie though! And what is up with our little kindergarters turning 6? Crazy.

JNHWJBlack said...

I can't believe he is a year old and I haven't even met him yet! What a cutie though! And what is up with our little kindergarters turning 6? Crazy.