Mostly this post is an insight to my thoughts. I was reading a friend's blog about her baby rolling (you know who you are and so does the majority who reads this :D) and I started to think, "Is my baby rolling?" Davon has been rolling from belly to back for at least a couple of months, but sometimes he does and sometimes he just gets mad at me and starts to cry. I kept saying, "it doesn't count. He will just forget how to do it." Now at 4 months old (today) he is trying to roll from back to belly. We have caught him more than half way there a few times. So I got thinking, has he been rolling? Do I mark that in the (non existent) baby book that he rolled? I don't know. He is a squirmy little guy. He kicks his legs, wiggles, and arches his back ALL the time. We have started to find him in the morning upside down or sideways in his crib. I am starting to believe he will be like Caden and crawl before he sits. I asked Jake the other day if he thinks Davon will be content watching his brothers play around him and come to him or if Davon will want to go after them and find them. Jake thinks that there is no doubt, he will be everywhere.
Davon has his 4 month doc appointment tomorrow morning and I am excited. Not for the shots of course, but I am hoping the doctor will give me some more/better pointers for controlling Davon's excema. I can kind of control it. I can get the excema on his body to go away and stay away, but it is still on his face in 3 patches. One of the three I can get to go away, but it seems to always reappear. The other two are constant. Now he is getting patches in his hair. As of right now he has four. Maybe five. I know it doesn't bother him, but it bothers me. Will his skin scar? I can keep the spots maintained well enough right now that they aren't opening, but if they do, he will be prone to infections. And eventually I know it will bug him.
I hope the doc can help.
I just googled images of babies with excema to give you an idea of what it looks like and have now scared myself to tears. Davon's is not as bad as it could be and I urge you NOT to google pictures via Google images. The pictures break my heart. I will not allow it to be that bad. There has to be something that will work for my baby.



4 comments:
I would totally count rolling from the first time he did it! I hope the doc gives you some good news about the exzema. Poor little guy. I don't believe that it will scar. Kenzi has had that problem on her arms and it hasn't scarred. It comes and goes. The dry Arizona climate really doesn't help! I have stopped googling things myself, because it NEVER helps me feel better! Oh, by the way, we did get new couches, but not for the living room.
Good luck with the Doc. And good job Davon on rolling over...he is already ahead of Brooke LOL
I have found that Vitamin E has made a bigger difference than anything! You can get it in tablet form and cut a slit in one end of the tablet and squeeze out the oil. It is great for babies/little kids, if you don't want to use any harsh chemicals on their skin.
Good luck!
both of my kids have exema. Ryan's nearly grown out of his and has no scars. Micah goes through phases. I had it as a child too. My parents used vasiline on me but the only thing that works for my kids is the steroid cream when they break out
Post a Comment