Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If You Seek Amy.......


So I can't stand listening to celebrity gossip and such. I get sick of hearing about:

her. But I like music. And I like music I can dance to. So regardless of if I think Britney has any vocal talent or if E! thinks she deserves her kids, I like a good portion of her songs. I would say about a month ago I fell in love with her latest, which at the time I called "The love me hate me song."

Last week I was talking to my mom about it and she says its called "If You Seek Amy." Okay. Now I know the name of it. Then she starts telling me about how they bleep it in Utah and make it, "If you see Amy." ............Hold the phone. Huh? I don't get it. My mom then tells me that when you listen to it closely it sounds more like she is spelling something out............OH MY GOSH! 

So I hurry home and tell Jake my mom's theory. And he's like, "yeah." And I asked him if he thought it was accidental or on purpose. I think he restrained and just chuckled, as opposed to the rolling on the floor laughter he wanted to do, and said, "No, I don't think it's an accident." Then I watch the music video and at the end of it, it basically tells you she is spelling something obscene out.

So now I am ticked. I am hooked to the music, but I find myself singing it and then mentally assaulting myself. I never hear it on the radio, but I am sure if I do I will now change the station. Personally, it doesn't bother me that much. But I have three kids and I don't want them saying it. Nor do I want myself singing it in front of them. Since they are with me 99% of the time, I am afraid I will be abstaining from it. Isn't it interesting how having kids cleans you up? I now find myself shunning TV shows and songs because I look down and see my kids there with me. I wonder if I will ever be desensitized? 

5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Oh dear! That is bad. I don't think I can listen to that song anymore either. Why do people have to do that?

Courtney said...

Oh that is too funny! I used to LOVE the song "Beautiful" by James Blunt and when I was downloading it off of itunes it had an edited version and I was like "What? this song isn't bad!" Turns out, there is a really nasty swear word in it! I never even noticed before that. Yeah, it totally changes the way I listened to the song.

Carolyn said...

You are a good mom.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Don't seek Amy any more! LOL

You crack me up.

JNHWJBlack said...

Isn't it frustrating how often the media tries to SNEEK in bad influences into our lives. My advice is stear clear completely of Britney, she CAN'T sing and she's a naughty, naughty girl!
Do you have any recent pics of Davon? I bet he's super cute! Keep up the good work.