So, Jake has been a bit under the weather for about....two weeks now. We have reason to believe he will be out for about another two weeks. Don't ask whats wrong. He won't allow me to tell you. :) He doesn't have Swine Flu. So nobody freak out. He isn't even contagious. Anywho, my point is. I am mostly flying solo. It is SO hard. I am tired all the time. I feel like my children and house are neglected always. I'm a mess. Anyways, I have been REALLY bad for the last few days. My neighbor saw me mowing the lawn a couple days ago and took pity on me and offered to make us dinner tonight. It was wonderful. I broke down towards the end of dinner and boobed about how I am a bad mother. Maybe I am a freak but I felt a little better after that. I cleaned up, ran the dishwasher, and asked Jake to watch the baby. I told him I'd do the dishes later and I went outside and played with my boys. It is amazing how much different we all felt when we came in. It is like the house was happier. I am still exhausted and feel overwhelmed, but for now, I am happy. :) I even discovered Jake had done the dishes when we got in. I should cry at the dinner table more often! j/k
I am hoping that this feeling continues for the next couple of days. I am also going to get huge. I am exhausted, so the working out has been put on hold. I am also starting to lean on junk. The last few days I have spent most of the time daydreaming about chocolate, cookies, and pepsi. The whole family has colds on top of it. Joy.
This picture is a little bit old. But I still think it is beautiful. He has a little bit more hair now and, I think, a little bit chubbier. He is gorgeous and, yes, a thumb sucker. Nothing I have done will get him off of it. He now refuses to take a binky. I try to put it in his mouth and he screams. And I REFUSE to be so mean as to tie his hands down. He gets comfort from his thumb. Now all I can do is deal with the problems if they come in the future. For now, I will take pictures.....because thumbsuckers are SO cute.Pray for me. :)
I had to add! I want Jake to know, I love you very much and I love to take care of you. You are amazing and I hope that you get well soon. For your health, not for my sanity. I will adjust, so don't worry about me. :)



9 comments:
Thumb-suckers are adorable! I understand what you mean and have really felt like a bad mom and poor wife for awhile. The overwhelming feeling didn't help me get things done, but I have gotten better little by little and the past few days here have been super happy. Good luck.
P.S. I am happy your mom reads my blog, although I don't think it is that exciting. Tell her too that we welcome visitors here whenever.
Thumb-suckers are adorable!
I understand what you mean and have really felt like a bad mom and poor wife for awhile. The overwhelming feeling didn't help me get things done, but I have gotten better little by little and the past few days here have been super happy. Good luck.
P.S. I am happy your mom reads my blog, although I don't think it is that exciting. Tell her too that we welcome visitors here whenever.
I feel for you! If the weather stays nice you should get out and play with your boys more often. It's amazing how good I feel even just going for a walk with Brooke in her stroller. And yes, the occasional cry does wonders on the husbands! Oh and I love that picture of Davon. He has gotten so big and I too love thumb suckers. They are just so cute!
I would be SO tired too. Sounds exhuasting what you have been going through. I hope Jake gets better soon. I am glad your neighbor was kind enough to see that you could use a meal. A good cry always makes me feel better. I have known a lot of thumb suckers in my days and they are all just fine. I think it is cute. He is a doll. Good luck with everything.
Courtney, I feel your pain. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now. All of us mothers go through it from time to time. Hang in there. Don't neglect your prayers, it's the way I live through the bad times.
I feel crazy all the time...some days, I drive up to see Derek at school...just to get a hug.
Good luck and know you are not alone.
crying can get you a lot :) I hope things start looking up soon. Wish I could bring you a cookie
Courtney, tell Jake we hope he starts getting better soon! I am sorry to hear your doing so much on your own. When I read your status that you mowed the lawn I kept thinking WOW! She is amazing. I struggle just to get dinner on the table! 3 kids is so hard to juggle...sweet times...but hard to juggle. Hang in there! We Georgia folks love you! I wish I could send you some jam! (That was a killer day, but worth it)
I'm sorry to hear Jake isn't feeling well, hope he is better soon! For your sake and his! I know that at the end of every day I can't wait for Brett to get home and help me with the kids, so I couldn't imagine what this time is like for you! I feel like you all the time too, but it is good you are getting it out! Good luck! You are in my prayers.
All 3 of my kids are, or were thumbsuckers! I love it, they are so adorable! Davon is too cute!
Post a Comment