Saturday, May 30, 2009

Attempted.....Failed

So I attempted to keep from getting jabs at our ages by not disclosing them. I failed. They still occurred. :) Thanks for your comments. The funny thing is that we don't get jabbed for how "old" we are. We are always ridiculed about how young we are. 

So I am home alone.........well.....home with Lucas and Davon. So I technically am home, spouseless. I wanted to tell all you wives out there whose husbands travel for work that I admire you. My husband is gone for one night and I am miserable without him. I can't sleep, I am uncomfortable, and I am lonely. I miss his smile, his laugh, and his insight. Earlier it felt like I was enjoying old times. It seems like Jake is just on campus and I am taking care of our home and our children on my own. Maybe that is why I can't sleep. It seems like I am just waiting for him to get here. But, he is not coming. And I know tomorrow morning instead of missing my husband I will be yearning for my oldest. 

It is like when you go out on a date with your husband and spend the whole time worrying about the kids. Why can't we enjoy a little change? Well, I mean, why can't I enjoy a little change? I hate change. I like routine. 

So I will go read in bed until I can get to the point where I can just drift off to sleep. And hopefully, tomorrow, it will be back to the same ole' routine. As long as the whole family is together, life will be good. And to all those wives/mothers out there, you are amazing. I don't know how you do it.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

I know what you mean about missing your hubby. When they are gone overnight it sucks. Sometimes I feel like a dog because when Blake pulls into the garage I run down the stairs and wait for him to come in. I feel like I am a friend and playmate to Brooke all day, so when Blake comes home it's like "Finally, MY friend is home!"

Carolyn said...

I don't sleep great when Dustin is gone either. But look at the bright side-you can spend hours on the computer after the kids are in bed and you don't have to feel bad about it! Davon's smile is gorgeous, by the way.

Syme Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JNHWJBlack said...

Hi, so what is going on with you guys after a few months? Is Caden excited for Kindergarten. Hyrum is ready to break the doors down he want to go so bad. He's in the stage where he wants to be around other boys his age 24/7 and drives me crazy begging to triad hop to find friends, yes we have to do that now, it's crazy but you meat a lot of nice people that way.