Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Twilight

So, I have fallen off the blogger world for awhile. Yes I know. And how pathetic, my first order of business back is for Twilight.

Over Thanksgiving weekend, we (mom (in-law), B (Jake's sis), and Sara (my new sis-in-law)) had a girls outing and went to see Twilight in the theater. What did you guys think of it? I will admit I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be, but I still didn't LOVE it like I have heard so many say. In fact, my complaint list is much bigger than my positive list. I will be the first to admit that I am probably the most horrible person to watch a movie with when I have read the book. I can't let anything go and I point out EVERYTHING. So I was just curious what all of you twilight readers thought of the movie. If you've seen it.

6 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

It needed more. I left wanting more. I think they could have made it 2 hrs. longer...no problem.
I liked it though.

Jenilyn Anderson said...

I am glad you are back to blogging! I read everything and don't worry, I like to know what you have been up to!

I actually really liked the movie. I tried not to compare it, because of course there is no way it could be nearly as good as the book! I went to the premier at midnight and it was so fun! I think they chose the characters really well, but yeah, there were a lot of things I wish they could have put in there and there were of course some way cheesy parts! But overall I will have to admit, I loved it.

Fun with the Fenton's said...

Kali and I discussed this, and you can't LOVE the movie if you loved the books! We both enjoyed it though...I think I am even going back this weekend for a second viewing! :-)

Unknown said...

I didn't like the movie at all! I thought the acting was horrible, the special effects were soooo cheesy, and it didn't even seem like Edward liked Bella! My sister and I talked and tried to pick out a couple of things that we liked. We thought they did a great job of casting Jacob Black and Charlie. And we thought Edward's reaction to Bella when she walked into Biology was funny. Ummm yeah can't think of anything else right now. The worst scene? Definitely the baseball scene. . . for a few examples, when James sniffs the air and when the Cullens start crouching and growling to protect Bella. So stupid!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a problem with the movie because I've been hearing everyone say how terrific it was. Congrats on your mini-van! And how are you feeling?

Travis Ti said...

It made me want to become a vampire if it means you'll be that beautiful LOL. But other than swooning over the cute vampire boys, I found it kind of boring but the love between Ethan and Bella felt very real and intense.

I thought there should have been a gay vampire but then I found out the author was a Mormon. Not gonna happen... But I do find it ironic that a Mormon would moralize and humanize such satanist myths as vampires.

Vampire love is HOT!

Christal said...

I think they missed a few turning points in the book! I left the movie feeling like they left a lot out. I said to Brett that I liked it, but I didn't like it! I want to see it again. I agree with whoever made the comment that you can't Love the movie if you love the books! Too true! I enjoyed it,and want to see it again without over thinking it. One thing I think they made a big mistake on was who they cast as Edward. He seems like he is about to cry the whole first half of the movie. I don't remember him being THAT depressed in the book! Anways... hope you are doing well! Good to read about you again!