Lastly, the most awaited thing, we did in October is buy the mini-wan. So many people asked me about this and I never posted it. I'm sorry. I am sure you have all lost interest, but here it is:

We bought a 2009 Toyota Sienna. We love it. We stressed and stressed about the van.......well I did. Jake was set on the new VW. Then we decided to just test drive the new Sienna. It was like magic. We both felt great about the decision to buy it. I did look back once, but you would too if you were writing the check I wrote! I am so cheap. I hate spending money. But we love it and haven't looked back since. It is even red/marroon (the technical term Toyota uses is Salsa Red Pearl, I believe). For all the many who don't know, Jake drove a minivan when I met him in high school. It was marroon and was called the super wan. Ours is a prettier marroon though. :)
I am trying to give you the condensed version of the last two months. I figure no one wants to read a book about it.
In November, Jake's brother Tyler got married. So we now have a sister-in-law Sara. Congratulations guys! I don't know why I put that, because neither one of them read my blog. Two days later, Lucas had his second birthday. It was the best birthday party we have had. We had all the close family over to our house for pizza, cupcakes, ice cream, and presents. Luke was so cute and seemed to really enjoy it. He sang happy birthday to himself in his new big bed until he fell asleep. The party was missing a few important things. Two uncles and a new aunt. Sara and Tyler were enjoying their honeymoon in Maui and couldn't make it and Casey was in Logan at school. Bummer.
We had our first Thanksgiving with the Talbots this year. We had a great time. We decided to make a whole weekend out of it and had a four day sleep over. The kids loved it and we got to have fun with the fam. We watched movies, played a game (an amazing feat, Jake and his brothers hate games), played tennis (my new favorite sport), and did a lot of laughing.
Right before Thanksgiving my step dad broke his knee. Not good. So we have been trying to help out as much as we can. He just had his second surgery on Monday and should be getting discharged from the hospital tomorrow. He has been really miserable, dealing with the pain, the surgeries, getting sick, and being immobilized for 8 or 9 days. My poor brothers have been spending a lot of time with me. They aren't acting sick of me yet though.
I think that is about it. I hope you enjoyed my cliff notes version of the last two months. Oh and I believe I have missed a blog or two going private. So if you went private recently and didn't add me, please post a comment with your email in it so I can email you. I moderate, so it will never really get posted, your email will stay secret. Thanks guys! Sorry I have neglected you all!



5 comments:
Love the new van. Toyota Siennas are super nice. You are good at summing up the last 2 months, my post would have been years long. I am way too detailed! It would good to talk to you yesterday, hopefully we can talk for a bit longer next time. Maybe we can see you guys at Christmas time.
Pretty van!
Sounds like you have been busy. Keep us in the loop!!!
glad you're back
That VW van is just a re-badged Chrysler Town and Country so you were smart to go with the Toyota. Oh and we changed the url on Annette's blog, the new one is on our homepage.
I love the van. Toyata Siennas are AWESOME. Yours is a bit newer than mine! :) 2009! That is cool too. I love the color....much better than Barney Purple!
Post a Comment