Tuesday, December 9, 2008

STRESS, STRESS, AND MORE STRESS





























It is that time of year again and that means........ happiness, holiday spirit, snow, presents .......All of this equals stress. How much of your Christmas shopping have you gotten done? Last year, I could have told you I was pretty much done shopping at this time of year. This year I have got...........lets see................. pretty much nothing done. 15 days till Christmas you say? Yeah I am stressing. It wouldn't be that bad if I had a list of things to get everyone, but no, this isn't the case. I have no idea what to get ANYONE. Not even my own child.

Next stressful thing on my list, this annoying technological nuisance. If you are someone who calls me, you already know what I am talking about. For some reason my phone decides to come in and out whenever it pleases. It cuts out in the middle of a conversation or just for fun at other times and I find out when I pick up the phone to call someone. At least I have a cell phone, but I hate using my cell phone when I could use a land line. Unless it is for texting....... I blame Jake and his family for my texting addiction.

Well, I guess I just wanted to complain. If anyone has any great Christmas ideas for in-laws or a two year old, let me know.

7 comments:

Jenilyn Anderson said...

Our favorite thing that Derek and I got for Bria is a play hut. It is really reasonable priced and SO convenient. It is the kind you just fold up and put into a 12X12 bag, but when you set it up, all you have to do is untwist a thing and it pops open into a big hut. We are really excited about it, mostly because it won't take up any room when it isn't being used. The one we bought came with two tunnels to get into it, but you can buy more tunnels and keep adding on. We payed $29 for ours and are really happy with it.

Syme Family said...

I am so sorry you are so stressed. All we do for my in-laws is buy them a gift card and they can go buy what they really want. All the kids pitch in so it adds up to be quite a bit. Last year they got a printer that you can print really nice pictures. Any way I love your big tree. I bet it's nice to have that much room.
I hope you get everything done in time

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I think that I am going to make a quick video for my Mom-in-law. Include some pictures to make her cry, you know, remind her how lucky she is that I am in her life. lol!

Hoenes Family said...

I am right there with you. In the past years, I have been so prepared for Christmas, not this year. As for what to get a 2 year old, I am getting Kenzi a doll she can play with in the bathtub. I am pretty sure that doesn't apply to your situation! Good luck!

JNHWJBlack said...

Come one 2 year olds are easy to please. He's young enough to still love the rapping paper. In laws on the other hand, good luck! Merry Christmas.

p.s. I think it's the 4 year olds that are hard this year. Hyrum is very specific about what he wants-one thing. A remote controled hummer with flames, a guy in it, and a door that opens. Good luck. I haven't done my shopping either.

MOANA said...

Hey there!
I love your Christmas tree and the new van looks wonderful! I typed into google gift ideas for 3 year old boy and I found some great gift ideas that I then purchased online and was even lucky enough not to have to pay shipping. I even considered paying a little extra to have them wrap the present as well. Just something to think about, I love using the internet to make my shopping much easier! I have also made it manadatory with the in-laws etc that everyone writes down atleast 5 things that their family would like for Christmas so that when everyone is doing their shopping it makes it easier for everyone to know what to get. The siblings pitch in together to get the mom and dad something really special and we put a monetary limit on gifts. $20 is our limit so that no one worries about out doing the other. Just some suggestions of what we have done. We also draw names for next year after our Christmas party so that you know way in advance. I am always able to get something great at the after Christmas sales for next year and armed with my list I know what the family needs or really wants. It makes you feel great knowing your geting something they really want rather then spending tons of time worrying over whether or not they will be taking it back! Love reading your updates!! Have a great day! Moana

Jed and Kera said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.