Thursday, November 6, 2008

Its been a sad day in California

No matter what your stand is on Proposition 8 this year, it is still a sad day for Californians. There are many families out there that will feel the pain from the decision that was made. Many marriages that may be stripped of their measly 200 or so rights that the state allowed them. It is sad that all those couples now get to sit and wait to see what the state decides to do with their marriage. I can't imagine what it would be like to be told that my marriage license meant nothing now. Regardless of which way you wanted this to go, it is still sad and a time to have sympathy for those that are directly affected.

On a lighter note, can I just say, thank heavens it is over. I am so sick of Politics. I don't want to hear anyone's views for another four years or so. But I am thankful we live in a country where we have the rights to help decide on the issues.

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I am SO glad it is all over also!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Your MY Quote of the Day cracks me up! We really need to stop by soon!! What does your Thanksgiving break look like. Maybe we could stop on our way down??