Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween 2010

Warning, I am not a great picture taker. The degree of difficulty seems to multiply when faced with dark and hyper children excited to go trick or treating.


We went to my mom's where my Grandpa made some awesome Chili for dinner. We also had apple cider and wassail (I think thats how you spell it). It was delicious. Probably the best chili I've ever had. Davon was Elmo as tradition has it. Every one of our boys has been Elmo. For at least a week before Halloween Davon would ask every day to wear his Elmo costume. He loved it. He didn't even mind the hat!


Here are my vampire and bat standing in the rain. Not batman, just a bat. Grandma Covert gave Luke that idea and it stuck. We got the capes and the bat ears from one of my neighbors. I couldn't find just a cape ANYWHERE. :( Heads up, if you ever see one, assume you will need it one day and buy it. That is what I am planning to do. Maybe next year I will have to get really creative and make one. Hah. We will see.


Not a great picture but it is a close up of Luke's glowing teeth. Luke LOVED being a bad. He really enjoyed having his face painted. When we were done he ran around my mom's circle flying. It was so cute!!! He loved it. I never knew throwing together costumes could be so fun.


My favorite guy in the world caught in surprise. :)


One picture all together. They were very excited to eat candy. We are lucky we got one.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

The Elmo costume is adorable. And I bet it's fun to have kids old enough to pick their own costumes and see what ideas they come up with!

Aloha_Misty said...

:) Love it Courtney! Wish I had been there to see them.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I did not take one single picture of Halloween this year. I am SO terrible.

You guys look great!

Hoenes Family said...

What do you mean you don't take great pictures!? Those were great! Loved the costumes!