Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Florida 2010

Jake and I went on our VERY belated honeymoon. We decided we needed a beach and some roller coasters. Once I found out that Harry Potter would open in June........ I was sold on Orlando. Luckily Jake was happy to come along. He only insulted me once, telling me I was more geeky than he.


Love this picture!


Cocoa Beach, FL


Jake snorkeling for seashells.


Sunset. The beach was wonderful. So calm, so relaxing, so clean, so warm. The kids would have loved it.


There was an awesome Twister "ride." We went to this big set and they simulated a tornado. It was awesome. Explosion, water, and LOTS of wind.


For Travis. That is all that needs to be said.


Jake loved Jurassic Park. :)


The Owl Post. See the owl droppings? Awesome.

Buckbeak!

Always a favorite! JAWS!



What all you geeks like me have been waiting for, the castle! There was much to see inside. The worst thing about Harry Potter was that they didn't really tell you much. I knew you were supposed to be able to see a classroom and Dumbledore's office, but thats it. The first time we rode the Harry Potter ride, we accidentally ended up in the singles line. Whoops! Then later we asked to tour the castle. We saw the talking portraits, Dumbledore's office, the sorting hat, the fat lady, and the common room. That is it. So later we had some extra time and decided to ride it again, this time together. You put all your things in a locker and then hop in line. The normal line takes you past the Mirror, the one-eyed witch with the hump, several talking portraits, several big golden statues, the house points, the Griffin, the Defense Against the Dark Arts class plus all the other stuff we originally saw. We were lucky to see this all, but WE DIDN'T HAVE THE CAMERA. :( It was really cool though.


We found this cute little frog outside our hotel. Jake refused to touch it. I thought all boys did things like catch frogs?


Soaked after the Dudley do right log flume ride.


SAVE ME!
Just kidding.


Jake will do anything for me........even pretend to kiss a Stegosaurus. :)

The most heartbreaking part was the Dr. Seuss side of the park. :( The kids would have loved it. I had to have a picture by the Lorax.

8 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Taylor and I went to Florida for our 1 yr anniversary. I know some of what you were talking about, but totally jealous about the Harry Potter stuff! What a fantastic trip and what a cute couple you are.

Misty said...

So cool!! I want to go there too!! Glad that you had fun!

Unknown said...

Finally, a blog updae! It looks sooooo fun! So cool that you got to go.

Courtney said...

That is so fun! I totally want to see all the HP stuff. That is awesome you guys got to go and enjoy it. Next time you'll have to bring the boys!

Jed and Kera said...

looks like a lot of fun! we haven't been on a honeymoon either. :O) maybe one day! :O)

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yipee for belated honeymoons!

I think it is a toss up....you or Jake...for the geek award! What a great couple you make!!! LOL

I am so glad you guys had a fun time together. You DESERVE it!!!
Miss you guys!

Adrienne said...

looks like so much fun. we'll have to do that while we're on this side of the country

Carolyn said...

How fun! Next year is our 10 year and I keep thinking Florida would be a great place to go.