Saturday, April 4, 2009

HELP! PLEASE!

I am in charge of Easter dinner this year. Crazy people put little ole' me in charge. Anywho, I am at a loss. I imagine that rolls, ham, and some kind of dessert are required. Other than that, I AM LOST! 

I tried to google ideas and got crazy meals like, peas with mint. What? Who makes that? So with little luck, I decided to ask my friends (you fellow bloggers) . What is your favorite Easter dinner? What do you love to eat at this holiday....or any holiday? 

As I only have a week left with no ideas, I am starting to panic. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, BTW, we still haven't decided if we can make the old ward function next week. RSVP is due tomorrow though, so I guess we need to decide.

10 comments:

MOANA said...

For Easter we have funeral potatoes, sliced ham, rolls, and a simple desert like Texas chocolate cake or you can ex it since your having lots of Easter candy. I keep it simple!! I usually splurge and make deviled eggs out of the hard boiled eggs that we decorated. That's the hardest thing I make for Easter. Hope that helps, let me know if you need recipes. I think you will do great you always do!! Moana

Courtney said...

mashed potatoes, baked potato, or potato salad? Those are always good bets. A fruit salad or pasta salad is also good. Also, we usually do deviled eggs and for dessert carrot cake (from a mix)I don't eat veggies, but there is a pretty good green beans with almonds that I will actually eat! hope this gives you some ideas

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Is this for your family or the Ward?

My family is going to do Hawaiian Haystacks this year.
We normally do Ham and Funeral/Wedding potatoes and a few summer salads.
Hawaiian Haystacks are way easy to do for a huge group.
Good Luck!

Aloha_Misty said...

We are having turkey :)

Hoenes Family said...

Hey, you pretty much summed up what we have. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, corn and carrots, some sort of salad (green or Jell-o), and for dessert it varies. Trifle is really good. It involves angel food cake, fruit, vanilla pudding etc. If you want the recipe, you can e-mail me. Good luck! I am sure it will be a feast for all!

Jana Perkins said...

I'm used to having ham and cheesy potatoes, with green salad and rolls. Go easy on yourself and buy the rolls at costco or sams club. The cheesy potato recipe is on my recipe blog http://perkinsgoodeats.blogspot.com. The ham, you just buy and warm up in the oven or crockpot, and the green salad is whatever your think it should be.

Take a breath. It doesn't have to be hard or alot of work. Good Luck.

Syme Family said...

I don't think I have ever had a fancy Easter dinner. What I like to do when I have to cook for a lot of people though is Navjo tacos. That is one of my favorite meals and it is very easy to do.
If you want my recipe for scones I'll give it to you and it feeds a lot.
Courtney you have to come to the party. We would love to see you guys. It's killing me that I haven't seen Davon yet.

The Crace's said...

twice baked potatoes are a MUST and spinach salad with mandarin oranges and strawberries with poppy seed dressing (not creamy)

Unknown said...

Usually when we have a ward function where they serve ham, they make funeral potatoes, rolls, salad, and dessert to go with it. You have had funeral potatoes, right? They are basically glorified scalloped potatoes with lots of cheese, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup. Some people like to add green onions, garlic, etc. If you need a recipe you can just google it and will find tons of results. My family usually makes deviled eggs with the leftover easter eggs and we usually have coconut cream pie for dessert. Alot of people make the campbell's green been casserole. I think there are a few people who like lamb on easter, but otherwise a ham dinner is pretty standard. Hope that helps! If you need any recipes, I have some really good ones :)

Brad said...

Crazy! Who you callin' crazy!
...you can never go wrong with ham, funeral potatoes and green bean casarole.