Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And I thought it couldn't get worse

So I am officially more depressed than yesterday. Depressed isn't the right word..... disappointed?

Well I kept waking up every hour last night with incredible back pain and a need to go to the bathroom. At about three I realized that maybe I was having contractions. So I stayed up and timed them. I had four in 20 minutes. So they continued on about every 4 minutes. They were painful, but only about 15-20 seconds long. I really didn't want to call my mom at 4:30 in the morning so I kept waiting. I started to panic about the kids waking up and being traumatized that I wasn't here. So I sent Jake back to sleep and endured until about 5:30. Then I decided I am going to stop timing them. I know that they are on top of each other and I am going to try to sleep through as many as I can. Then at about 8 we could get moving, call my mom, call the doctor, and go into labor and delivery.

I woke up at 7:30 with one mild contraction and haven't had one since. This baby is testing my patience. Or my body is. Either way, I think I might go insane.

7 comments:

MOANA said...

Hugs and loves sent your way!! Birthing is such a serious business! Much love and prayers sent your way from me!

Adrienne said...

oh... I hope you see your baby soon.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Oh, my. I never went into Labor on my own. It must be so scary to wonder what is going on. One thing is for sure.....that baby is getting ready to be here!!!!
Thinking of you all!!!
Good Luck.

Jana Perkins said...

Praying for you girl. Hang in there...I empathize completely.

Fun with the Fenton's said...

So sorry you're struggling. Hopefully that baby gets moving soon! Sounds like you deserve a much needed break!

Aloha_Misty said...

OH! Courtney! That is such a mean trick. I hope this ends soon for you...it is starting to sound like my stinking labors. I thought they got easier each time not harder!

Carolyn said...

So sorry you haven't popped that kid out yet! This is long for you! I hope you go into labor tonight :)