Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Help!


It is that dreaded time. We have to go car shopping! Ahhhh!

Right now, we are planning on test driving and seeing what we like and going from there. While I am looking at different features and makes, it occurred to me that I don't have to do this alone. How many of you bloggers drive minivans? A lot! So I am asking for your help! If you own or have ever owned a minivan, could you comment and tell me the make and model you own, what you do and don't like, and any problems you've had? Also if anyone has any advice, I will be glad to take it if you are willing to give! Thanks guys!

10 comments:

Aloha_Misty said...

Greg and I both vote for Toyota Sienna or Honda Oddessy. They top out on consumer reports for reliability! :) Good luck!

Jana Perkins said...

We own a 2001 Plymouth Voyager and we LOVE IT. The only problem is we didn't get the extended, I think it's called the "Grand" and that would be a plus because when the back seat is in there is like no room for anything in the back. Tips: Look for Low Miles, like under 50,000 for sure. Get a car history report if it's had more than one owner. Don't buy new. Good Luck!

Adrienne said...

we got our Mazda MPV in March. It's not as big as a regular mini van so it's easier to manuver but still has room inside. The back seats fold all the way down so we've been able to haul stuff. Randy hates to admit it but he loves it.

Carolyn said...

We have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan. It has been a good van but had a couple of issues earlier in the summer with the belts. It also could have been a bad mechanic. If you can go with the Toyota or Honda, of course do. But otherwise, this has worked well for us. Toyotas have a seat that comes forward for babies to be closer. And look for a lower down back part (?) so that you can store more in the back. Good luck!

Jed and Kera said...

We don't have a van yet, but when we do it will be a Toyota Sienna. I grew up in a Chevy family and Jed's family is strictly Toyota. Jed's oldest brother and his wife just got a Sienna and there is not a single thing they don't like about it! They just love it! I know with our 07 Camry we felt like it was really luxurious and just made so well. I have been SO pleased with it. And I think someone said this about Toyotas and Hondas but they always top the consumer reports. Both brands are just made well! Good Luck!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

We have a Mercury Villager. It is not on the high end of mini vans but we like it allot. It gets great gas millage and it is not super huge (some that I test drove felt like a bus). The engines are actually from Nissan.
Ours is a 2005 and it has not had any problems. I know of someone else who had theirs for 13 yrs. with next to no problems.

abshire said...

We LOVE our Toyota Sienna. It's seven years old, but we haven't had any problems with it, the engine is really powerful for a minivan, and there's lots of room.

A.net said...

My parents had several minivans. They were all dodges and sucked. In the winter they do better, but there is a reason the when through so many minivans

Christal said...

We have a town and country, and we love it. If we were to do it over though, we would probably go with a toyota or honda.. just because of consumer reports. We do love this one though, we like the stow and go, and those type of features. If we were to really do it again, I would want to go back to an SUV, I loved our SUV and miss it like crazy, and really, you don't get that much better gas mileage with a van.

JNHWJBlack said...

We have a Ford Windstar. Our biggest complaint is that you can only unlock the door with the key from the driver's side, not the passengers. What kind of cars are like that? None, it's really annoying. I love having a Van, we've had to replace the Alternater and Battery, and the paint chipped off the roof and it's only a 2003. I would reccomend the Toyota Sienna or Honda over the Ford. Good Luck. But, Ford's are cheaper, not worth it!