Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The new place...


So as many of you may know, we have left our former Aggie Village apartment. We have now moved on to bigger things, bigger places. Seriously. We have left 650 square foot Aggie Village and now we have TWO bathrooms! Wow. And we actually have a laundry room! And a garage! No more carrying groceries a mile to the apartment. But I must say, we loved the time spent in Aggie Village and we still miss it. For the record, I loved having a gas stove.


So now we live in a fully furnished apartment until so we can work on finding a house. We are grateful that we have been given the opportunity to live here. Now with that said, lets just say it is not the most family friendly place. Is any place that is furnished with someone else's stuff? I don't think so. The first thing that needed to be done was to put these towels on the dining chairs. Our chairs are cushioned with WHITE fabric. YES! I said WHITE fabric. The next thing I had to do, is accept the fact that I will be cleaning the glass coffee table and side table constantly. The other thing we have had to get used to is the constant traffic that goes by our apartment. Next we had to find a park. Boy do I miss having a huge backyard and all of our toys on our porch. The first park we found was nice and ghetto. It was also geared towards older kids, so we moved on and found a nice one nearby. The only bad thing is that it is surrounded by baseball fields and it is definitely baseball season.


This is the one thing I hate about our apartment. The toaster! Many of you probably don't know but I eat toast every day for breakfast. I would say twice a month I eat something different. This evil thing is a fire hazard. You plug it in and it turns on immediately! You have to hurry and push your bread down (press the button) and hope that it sticks. I wrestled with it this morning.......it won and I held the bread down the whole time. Then when it hits the desired darkness, which I have no idea what the settings are because it is worn off, it not only pops up (if you get it to stay down) but it buzzes! Not a cute buzz, an annoying, loud, pee your pants because it scared you so much buzz! Then to turn it off you have to pull the chord out of the wall. It sparks every time. Isn't that fun? Also, notice the silk plant next to it? Yes, I know you are all thinking it is going to catch fire soon and it needs to be moved, but my point was going to be that we have at least 10 of them. At first I thought it was nice and green in here, now I think they are obnoxious. They are everywhere.

So there you have it. That sums up our new place. It is a love-hate relationship. And I must add for all of my AV friends, we did not escape the curry smells. It must be an apartment thing. We do not have much more time here, we move on the 7th into my Mom's house. We made an offer on a house, so we shouldn't be there long either. The chaotic journey continues. :)

BTW, Jake loves his job and we love that he is happy. Jake gets to spend more time with us now and we love having him home more.

Stay tuned for pictures of a haircut.

7 comments:

MOANA said...

I have been stalking your blog wondering how things are going with you in your new life. I am so glad you posted. I am sure you have been super busy with all of the life changes you are experiencing right now but I am so glad to hear how you are doing. I hope you will know soon about the house you put a offer on. Let us know! We miss you so much!!
Moana

Unknown said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you posted, too. My whole "checking blogs once a week" thing kind of went out the window! I'm with Moana, I've been anxious to know what you guys have been up to. Congrats on making an offer on a house! I hope it works out. I know, isn't it funny that the bishop put me in your old calling? So glad Jake likes his new job and that you guys have more time together. We are all aspiring to that! P.S. One thing you don't have to miss about A.V. is all the mowies out at 8 a.m.!

Hoenes Family said...

Good luck with the house! That is so exciting you made an offer! Looks like you are doing a great job of keeping your apartment clean. Glad you don't have to be in there much longer! We are off to Tucson today. I will e-mail you when I get back and let you know how it went.

The Perkins Family said...

Yeah, your EMPTY Aggie Village apt looks great. Happy to hear you are in a new place, but sad about the issues, especially the toaster thing.

Poly said...

Courtney
I am glad to hear that Jake loves his job. Let me know about your house you made an offer on. good luck with everything.
Paula

Aloha_Misty said...

Courtney your house looks cleaner than mine did when I left! That OVEN is amazing! :) I can just see you digging through boxes to find your toaster when you get to your new house! I refuse to use my toaster here :( I am afraid I will cook a cockroach.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yea, I finally found some time to type you in! I am sorry it has taken so long!
I am so sad that you are gone. I wish we could have hung out more. Anyway, at least we have the blogging world.
I can't wait to see haircut pictures?????