Thursday, May 27, 2010

April Showers Bring Crazy Mothers


I LOVE the rain. I love Spring and Summer rain. It is warm, everything is green. And you may think I am crazy but don't be surprised if I have my kids outside playing in it. But April rains aren't exactly warm. Caden and I went out to watch it. Luke and Davon were sleeping. Caden's jackets and shoes were in the room he and Lucas share. He watched the rain tentatively, itching to be in it. So I looked at him and said, "What are you doing?! Try it out!" After I realized he was going to be spending more time out there I found him a too small rain coat and told him to have at it.

Yes, my child is playing in the water flooded gutter...... brace yourself...... WITH NO SHOES. I may be crazy. Yes I know he could have gotten hurt. Rocks, garbage, sticks, anything could be in that gutter. Someone out there may have DCFS on speed dial and you may be picking up the phone, but let me tell you, he had a blast and didn't get hurt once! At one point it was really coming down. The road was flooding. He ran back and forth, splashing water up everywhere. Near the gutter of course and for the love of PETE put down the phone! I was there the whole time watching, protecting.

We have since invested in rain boots. Now we need a nice somewhat warm rain. And of course hard enough of a rain to really get some good puddles and full rain gutters. I can't wait!

4 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

What is this world coming to? You should NOT have to be worried about someone calling DCFS on you for letting your child run in the rain with no shoes on. I totally did that all of the time, and I will let me kids do the same. Good for you!

Adrienne said...

i loved playing in the rain.

The Crace's said...

Who doesn't love playing in the gutter?! It's the best except for the squishy worms.

JTALBOT said...

I love it....every GOOD mother should let their kids play in the rain...it just makes one feel good and enjoy the beauty of mother nature.