Thursday, March 12, 2009

RSV

Yes that is right folks. Lucas and Davon have RSV. The plus side to this, they both have peaked! They are still grouchy and needy (although what 2 year old and infant aren't), but everything is so much better. 

After 6 days of fever, Lucas finally got down to a normal temp. His cough is HORRIBLE, but less frequent. He is super grouchy and whiney all the time. He very rarely asks for anything. When I say this I don't mean he doesn't need much, I mean if he needs anything, he automatically starts whining and screaming........ugh. As soon as I know he is all better, I am nipping that in the butt. I am not handling that (the screaming/whining) very well. :) WHO WOULD? Since he has been getting better though, his happiness has been increasing. On Tuesday night, I skipped Enrichment to play with Luke and Caden while Jake took care of Davon. It was great, he was running around and laughing so much. He has also started playing with Caden again.

Davon's cough is still horrible, but it is happening about an eighth as often as it was. He is awake more often and is smiling again. He is looking around everywhere and therefore has officially rubbed the dreaded bald spot in the back of his head. :( He had his two month appointment today and I got to listen to his lungs. He has been breathing wheezy for like 3-4 days. His lungs sound AWFUL. But he is on the upswing and healthy enough to get his vaccinations. :( Poor guy. I watched patiently, knowing what to expect, knowing that this is the EASY age for kids to get immunized. The nurse however hated every second of it. I have never seen a nurse so miserable giving shots. He is a healthy 12 pounds and 22 1/2 inches long.

The doctor warned me to keep my family away from young kids though. Apparently the hospital is already chalk full of kids hospitalized for RSV. So if you have young kids, stay away from me. It won't be hard. We have been insane hermits. 

This picture was taken like two weeks ago, but I felt that I needed some color to my post.


So, my to do list for when we are better:

Get Lucas to talk about his needs NICELY rather than scream and whine. 
Get rid of all the movies/cartoons they have been watching. (Already starting to wean them, anyone who knows me well, knows I am psycho about this)
Get Davon sleeping in his own bed all night again
Get Davon OUT of my room and in his own!!!

5 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Oh Courtney. That is awful. The poor things! I hear you on the whiny nonsense, instead of asking nicely. I have no patience for that. I know I should though especially when they are sick. Sounds like you are handling all of this extremely well. You go girl!

Syme Family said...

Coutney I am so sorry your kids have been sick. Robyn just had 5 teeth come in and was very whiny but to have a newborn sick too that would be so hard. You are such a good mom I hope you now that.
Thanks for your comment. It's so good to hear from you.
That is one thing I hate about being privet I don't come up on peoples blogs anymore. So I don't get as many comments. I'll admit I don't check my friends blogs that are privet very often.
I don't know if I told you this or not but I am in a quilting group down here and we meet once a month. This month a lady showed us how to make a baby blanket it looked so easy but I totally screwed it up beyond fixing. But everyone else turned out so cute.

Adrienne said...

oh no. hope things get better for you real quick

Courtney said...

That is so terrible! To have two kids sick with RSV at once! At least things are getting better, right? Hopefully once spring finally decides to stay you can get out and have happy, healthy kids!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I am so sorry.
Sounds like miserable. I hope everyone gets feeling better.