Thursday, August 14, 2008

Livin' it up at the Hotel California.......

We had so much fun in California. We weren't ready to come home.

On Saturday we got in early and went shopping. ~Oh joy!~ (Jake says ~ is the universal sign for sarcasm. I don't know if that is true and I told him he is a geek for knowing that if it is.) Mostly we needed a wedding gift for Travis, but we also needed new tennis shoes for Jake and Caden. We found the cutest NB kids shoes, to see them click here. We didn't buy them though, because I thought $40 was too much for shoes. Especially when you have the ins and can get the same shoes for $20. Anyways! Sorry I got a little side tracked. I don't know how we did it, but somehow we found the fanciest mall there. The place was HUGE and included stores like: Armani, Gucci, LV, Harry Winston, Tiffanies, etc. It was insane.

On Sunday we hit Disneyland. It was so much fun. As soon as we walked in the park we saw Mickey leading a marching band down Main Street. Caden's face was priceless. He was so excited.


This is Caden, Luke, and Jake with Mickey and Pluto. We ate at a fancy, schmancy, secret restaurant called Club 33. Apparently on Sundays Mickey and Pluto stop by to say hi. Which ended up being great because you should have seen the insane lines to meet Mickey in the park. Lucas absolutely loved Pluto. We ended up getting him a Pluto stuffed animal as a souvenir and his first reaction was "Ewww!" Pluto always has his tongue out and apparently that is "Ewww!" But Luke thinks it is hilarious and he sticks out his tongue and licks Pluto.


This is Caden on Dumbo. The boys' favorite ride was the Buzz Lightyear ride.

Luke and Jake getting on Dumbo. Luke loved ALL of the rides. He is our little dare devil. Every time after we got off a ride he would say, "More! Play! More!" He didn't like the whole wait your turn thing.

The longest line we stood in was the Car Toon ride in Toon Town. It took forever! I have so many pictures of us standing in line.....I guess I was bored! :)


Lucas does not like to wear hats. We had to capture the moment when he put Caden's "ears" on for a couple of minutes. He looks so cute!


Naturally, our kids were exhausted. This is about 10:10PM California time. We were on our way to Fantasmic! Caden fell asleep shortly after this picture and they both slept through the whole noisy show. That pink thing in the back is the Disney castle. Everyone knows I suck at taking pictures, but this is the only family picture I have. (BTW, I know I look chubby. Give me a break! I am prego!) That is my brother Braxton pushing the stroller.

On Monday we went to the beach. We had so much fun. We dug in the sand and played in the waves. Right before we left the waves got huge! Jake and Braxton had a blast getting dominated by them for a while. One time the wave hit them and Braxton disappeared for about 20 seconds. Dad was ready to jump up and run in after him when he finally resurfaced. My mom has all of the pictures of the beach, so sorry. I dug a big hole for Caden to sit and play in. Luke was playing in it when the tide started coming up. It was funny. It filled with water and I yanked him out immediately. Then he sat in my arms and stared at the water filled hole for a minute. Then he jumped back in and played in the mini pool.

We had a blast. We can't wait to do it again. Next time I think we will do Disney in 2 or 3 days, 1 day wasn't enough. I have always loved Disney. It is a magical place for me. It was 10 times better being able to share it with Jake and the kids.

6 comments:

Aloha_Misty said...

Oh! That looks like fun! Your description of the beach makes me miss being in Hawaii. I love that Luke licks the dog's tongue. That is so funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of Disneyland. Still sad we weren't there to have fun with the boys, however. Someday we'll all go right? Where's the picture of "buzz lightyear ride?"
I could have guessed Luke would be a daredevil. Remember the couch jumping episode??

Syme Family said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't wait tell I can take my family some day.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

LOVE those pictures! Looks like you guys had a good time!
Sorry we did not make it to your house! We will make it by soon. I hope Jake does not hate me...:(. Derek is so mad at me!

I am a horrible person that thinks, I am to funny! HA, HA!

Hoenes Family said...

How fun! I can't wait to take my kids to Disneyland someday. You don't look chubby in your pictures. You are clearly preggers. Anyone who knows you would know it because your stomach is like indented when you are not pregnant! Wish I had that! It was good to see you and your handsome little boys. You are going to have to watch out for the ladies when they get older!

Carolyn said...

How fun! I would love to take my girls to Disneyland. This is the time where they still believe that the princesses are real. I'm glad you had fun.