Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swim Lessons

Caden had his first swimming lessons of this summer yesterday. He was so cute and funny. He starts kicking his legs and tells the teacher, "this is part of swimming." He was so brave and listened so good. I wish I had my CAMERA to post some pictures.

Last year he passed everything off in level one, except putting his face in the water. They said to repeat the level so that he could get more comfortable with that. Apparently to pass the level you have to put your face in the water for 3 or 5 seconds.... something like that. So this time, his first day yesterday, he put his face in the water. I was so proud. Then today, his second day, he went COMPLETELY under! I am so proud of my little guy. He is so brave. I am such a sap. I get teary eyed watching him and my chest swells up with pride. They grow so fast.

2 comments:

abshire said...

I'm "due" August 7th, but I am 3cm and 70% effaced - ready to go any second. Amy had her baby the beginning of June - five weeks early. Get the details at palmerstation.blogspot.com. I might not be totally off the hook with enrichment. It depends on the new president.

Congrats on the new house. Hope you find your camera soon!

Hoenes Family said...

I am totally the same way! I get so proud of Kenzi when she puts her head under the water and doesn't cry about it! She is not as far along as Caden, that's so great he did it all by himself! I have to dunk her under, it's a parent tot class. She for sure would not do it on her own!