Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Tagged....um...forever ago


So about forever ago I was tagged by a friend to write 8 things about my kids. Mostly, I have been putting this off in fear that I couldn't think of 8 each, but now that I think about it, I am sure it won't be hard. I mean come on, I spend all day every day with them. So here it goes.

Benjamin Caden

1- Caden is my sweetheart. He is so sensitive. Anytime I cry, Caden is right there saying, "It's okay. Don't be sad. I will make you happy." Then he hugs me and kisses me. It is usually over a movie or a book. And in that area, Jake has no empathy.

2- Caden is obsessed with all super heroes. He always pretends to be some super hero and sometimes even makes them up. Sometimes we have issues with this though because he doesn't have any control to stop the lasering, shooting, etc.

3- Caden loves macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, pop tarts, doughnuts, and apples. Some healthy and some not. He always talks about the unhealthy ones in front of people and I think, "I wonder if everyone thinks all I feed him is junk." But I don't! :) All those unhealthy things he only gets once in a while.

4- Caden loves to draw. He loves to write letters and draw people and super heroes. Unfortunately we haven't done much of it for awhile. I get paranoid living in this place because at our old apartment, it seemed inevitable, there was crayon/pen everywhere.

5- Caden was the most excited person to move. Interesting, the only one in our family who likes change. He still doesn't complain much about all his stuff being gone. He misses his Code Lyoko movie, but that is it. All he talks about is wanting friends.

6- Caden has a weak stomache. He doesn't throw up often, but if he sees anything he thinks is disgusting he starts gagging immediately. I am wondering if this is a Talbot, first child thing. The first few months of Luke's life we used to have to tell Caden to leave the room when we changed Luke's stinky diapers. We still do sometimes.

7- Caden loves Grandma's house. Both Grandmas. Since we moved he asks about everyday, "Are we going to Grandma's house today?" He alternates back and forth between Grandmas. It is probably because he is loved so much by both families. He is amazing Uncles and one amazing Aunt.

8- Caden still loves the bath tub. He is so funny. He asks about everyday to have a bath. I have tried to get him to take showers and he has, but maybe 3 in his life. He just prefers to play in the bath tub.


Lucas Peder

1- Luke says a lot of words now! He can copy just about anything you say. Of course, some of them, Jake and I are the only ones who can interpret.

2- Luke is becoming more and more obsessed with his security object, doggy. He carries him around now and loves him when he is sad. He used to just sleep with doggy. I am worried that this will one day be a problem. Jake makes fun of me because when I don't want Luke to hear his name I refer to him as D-O-double G.

3- Lucas has already learned how to work Grandma. He went to Costco with my mom one day and said, "Elmo" and pointed. My mom saw that he was pointing to an Elmo book and melted. She bought it for the boys to share.

4- Lucas has recently reached the, "my parents are chop liver" stage. He did it much earlier than Caden. We walk into Grandma Jill's house and he gets excited and runs to them and completely shuns us. With Caden, he was less attached to me as a baby and very attached as a toddler. With Luke, he was very attached as a baby and not at all attached as a toddler. His attachment is with doggy.

5- Luke loves dogs and cats. As soon as he sees one he says, "kitty!", tilts his head to the left, and says "hi," all sweet and soft. He has always been pretty sweet and cautious until one day at Grandma Jill's. Uncle Adam and I found Lucas with one of the cats in a headlock giving it hugs.

6- Lucas is not interested in TV. Caden has always loved technology, but Luke could care less. I am not complaining. Sometimes I wish I could turn on some cartoons and get in the shower, but he is pretty good at playing so it is all good.

7- Lucas is getting more interested in books! Finally! He has two favorites. One is "Baby Faces" which most kids like at about 6 months old. The other is a big book with lots of pictures in it. It is one of those baby's first words book. He loves to look through it and tell me what the pictures are. He doesn't have them all down, but he is getting pretty good.

8- Luke also loves to draw, which when he says it sounds more like die. His favorite foods right now are probably rice and yogurt. He is obsessed with any kind of rice. If he knows we have leftovers he begs me to open the fridge and then he points to it and says "rice" over and over again with his pleading puppy dog eyes.

Wow that was easier than I thought. I even thought of more, but didn't put them. My favorite thing about my boys is that they are pretty good friends. I love seeing them play together. Of course they aren't perfect and they have their squabbles, but that is normal. I therefore tag Paula, Jenny, and Misty and anyone else who wants to do this.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This was really cute, Courtney! My favorites were about Caden's weak stomach and Lucas's doggy. And I thought it was funny how your kids had reversed attachment stages with you. I think it would be nice if Talton had one with me at all, but it's always been all about Ty. And congratulations on buying a house! I'll be looking forward to more details.

Adrienne said...

how cute

Carolyn said...

I haven't even looked at a computer in so long so it is taking me a while to get caught up. Congrats on getting a house! Where will you be? Cute post on your kids.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Heylo.....where's the update on the new house???
I hope all is well!

Syme Family said...

Thanks for letting us come visit. I had so much fun. I love your house. It is so cute.