Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why do my boys have to grow up?


November 17th, my not so little anymore boy turned three! Even if you get sick of hearing it, I am going to say it, TIME FLIES. We had a small party. By small I mean the whole family. :) Luke and I made his cake and frosting together. He picked the color and dyed the frosting yellow. He really liked that. The only problem was that he wanted his party to begin right away. It was on a weekday so it didn't start until about 7:00. We had a long day.


A week or so before Jake, Caden, Davon, and I made this poster for him. It was a lot of fun. We colored, drew pictures, and put stickers on it. Luke loved it. He didn't want us to put it away because, "that means it's not my birthday anymore." :( What a cutie. He got spoiled rotten. As you can probably see in the next picture.


This was one of his favorites from Uncle Tyler and Aunt Sara. A high powered, automatic dart gun. Notice the people cowering in the background. As soon as we got it out of the package, Lucas spun around and shot everyone. He thought, "That was cool!" Direct quote my friends. One of my favorite cameramen (whom most of my good pictures are courtesy of, Grandpa Talbot) sacrificed for this picture and got shot MANY times. Among the other casualties were Grandpa Larry, who walked out of our house with a dart imprint in the middle of his forehead. Sorry Grandpa!

Love my boys! Love all of my family and all the support they give! Thank you all!

When I have more time I will introduce you all to Pig and Lulu.

7 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

They do grow up so fast!!! Great job on your sign! I love the picture of Lucas pointing the dart gun at the camera. That is hilarious!

Our ABC Family said...

Happy Birthday Lucas!!! They do grow up way too fast don't they?! :) Hope you guys are all doing well! You ready for Christmas?

Unknown said...

Not to be repetitive, but yes, they do grow up way too fast! I can't believe Lucas is three! Most of the time I knew him he was barely walking. Talton is going to be four on Sunday and I am having a mini-meltdown! Hope you guys are having a great holiday season so far.

Adrienne said...

looks like a lot of fun. i still can't believe you have 3

Courtney said...

I can't believe Lucas is 3! He was your new babe when I last saw you in Aggie Village. I love the picture of people cowering in the background. What an awesome aunt and uncle to know that he would love that!

Syme Family said...

You are such a cute mom. I was just thinking the other day that Lucas would have a birthday soon. He is getting so big. It's so crazy to think that Robyn will be three this next year. She's not my baby anymore.

Carolyn said...

Time does fly. At least you have cute kids, though.