I recently was informed that my Great Grandma Honda was giving me a quilt. I was in awe and so excited. It was just pieced together so my Grandma Chris, my mom, and I found some backing material, some batting, some binding material, and had it quilted. It turned out beautifully.

All of the squares are approximately 2 in x 2 in. This quilt was a lot of work.
We used this lined/striped minky fabric to do the binding. I was VERY skeptical about using it, but after I got the quilt back, I LOVE IT. It looks so beautiful.
We used the minky dot white fabric for the backing. It is incredibly soft. It is the latest fad to use this fabric on baby blankets. It makes a beautiful quilt! The lady we bought it from said it is incredibly durable too.
When you have your quilt quilted by someone else, they use a machine quilter. Therefore it is way more expensive to have it quilted in squares/lines. You have to pick a pattern. I picked aspen leaves to go with the the green leafy theme of the quilt.
I think it turned out amazing! I am so grateful to my Grandma Honda for giving me such a wonderful gift. I think she is done doing quilts also, so I am so grateful I got one of her last. My Grandma Chris was so kind to point out that I am the only great grandchild to get a quilt made by grandma. This is special. I also find it humorous though because I am the only great grandchild married. I think the next oldest is probably 12? :)






13 comments:
That is a very nice quilt. I love it. You did a nice job finishing it off. I can't wait to have my energy back so I can start quilting again.
That is a beautiful quilt! What a wonderfully talented grandma you have! I like the aspen leaf pattern you picked. It all looks great.
Oh! It is very beautiful.
I love the quilt. Those colors are so pretty. It's always nice to have bedding that you actually like.
Gorgeous quilt. I'm very impressed you were able to help with it. I would love to be able to quilt!
impressive
Beautiful! What a treasure.
Now that my Grandma is gone, I am so glad that I have quilts she made for me.
I think it is a dying art. So beautiful.
That is a treasure. It turned out really nice. How fun for you!
I wish those were roses. Matt hates Valentines Day. But I do make him take me out for dinner. This year we went and got pizza.
Those flowers are a fake ponseta (spelling is way off)I got at Micheals when I was in Logan.
My grandma and my great aunt made a quilt for me when I got married. They even hand quilted it. It's one of those gifts that I'll always treasure.
Very, very pretty! My mother in law and sister in law are both huge quilters so I've seen first hand the amount of time and work goes in to making one. How neat to get to have that and know that your grandma made it!
It is beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment